With free Visa® Purchase Alerts from NRL Federal Credit Union, you can receive near real-time alert notifications on select signature-based purchases made with your NRLFCU Visa debit or credit card. Monitor your account activity from wherever you are and quickly notify NRLFCU of anything suspicious.
Select from available criteria and decide what activity you want to receive alerts on. Plus, choose how to receive Purchase Alerts–as text messages (SMS) and/or as email messages.
Available Criteria for Purchase Alerts Notifications
- Gas station and convenience store charges—it’s not uncommon for lost or stolen cards to be used at gas stations as a means of quickly accessing an account
- Transactions in other countries
- Online, phone or mail purchases (known as “card not present” purchases)
- Purchases that exceed an amount you determine
Check to see if yourVisa card is eligible and enroll at Visa.com/purchasealerts
Please make sure you have the following information available.
- 16 digit debit/credit card number, (first nine will be used to check eligibility)
- Expiration Date
- Security Code (printed on back of Visa card)
- Nickname that you pick for the Visa card
- Billing Address
- First and Last Name
- E-mail Address
- Mobile Number to register the device
Once enrolled choose to receive alerts by sms text, e-mail or both! You can choose to receive alerts for purchases exceeding an amount you select, transactions outside of the United States and for online/phone purchases. The service is FREE but data usage charges from the service provider may apply.