Pennies Saved, Dollars Earned—Watch Your Savings Add Up
Whether you’re a seasoned or novice saver, we have a savings account that’s right for you. So go ahead. Dream big. (Bigger!) We’ll help you find your way there.
As your trusted partner for life, NRLFCU can help you save for the future—even if you thought you couldn’t. We’ll help you get started, make the hardest part easy, and help you set goals you can achieve.
From basic savings to VIP accounts, NRLFCU has many types of accounts to grow your savings:
- Basic Savings
- Money Maker
- VIP Money Maker
- Club Accounts
- Education and Retirement Savings
- Certificates (Regular and IRA)
NRLFCU Basic Savings is a dividend-earning account that:
- Establishes your NRLFCU membership.
- Requires a minimum balance of only $5.
- Can be accessed via online access, electronic teller (ET) and ATM.
A ready-access money market account, the Money Maker gives you peace of mind with:
- An easy-to-access account.
- The ability to earn competitive yields at the same time.
VIP Money Maker
This VIP Money Maker account is versatile, insured and for premier members only. Enjoy:
- The security of knowing that your funds are insured up to an additional $250,000 by Excess Share Insurance Corporation over the amount of coverage provided by the NCUA—at no cost to you.
- High yield that can be accessed via check.
- Very competitive rates as the minimum balance for this account is $100,000.
Education and Retirement Savings
College will be here—for you and your children—before you know it. Save for it with the targeted Coverdell ESA (education savings account) that enables you to:
- Contribute up to $2,000* per year of your after-tax dollars in your child’s name for education and earn a competitive rate.
- Accumulate funds tax-free (plus, they remain tax-free when withdrawn for higher education expenses). Income restrictions apply.
In most cases, your funds must remain on deposit until age 59. The money you contribute may be tax deductible and your earnings on the IRA account are not taxed until you begin withdrawals.
Roth IRAs differ from Traditional IRAs in that the money you contribute is not deductible in the year in which the funds are deposited. However, your earnings are not taxed when you begin making withdrawals. Distribution isn’t mandatory and you can continue to make deposits well past 70 and a half.
Certificates (Regular and IRA)
We offer a wide variety of Certificates of Deposit with low minimum deposits, maximum security and flexible terms.
What’s your savings potential? Find out with our Monthly Savings Calculator.
Ready to start earning more on your savings? Open an account now.
*You must meet Internal Revenue Code eligibility requirements.