It’s said that raising a child is the most important, most difficult and most rewarding job you will ever have. There are so many things to teach –not the least of which are money management skills.
Unfortunately, the statistics on youth financial literacy are alarming. In a 2002 Personal Financial Literacy Survey of high school seniors by the Jumpstart Coalition found that only about 50% passed. What’s worse is the scores have been declining ever since! Together, we can change that.
We can provide you with solid money management skills that you can share and reinforce with your children. We have resources available for your kids and for you that can reinforce good money management skills.
- Our Cash Hound Kid’s club provides monthly articles for kids
- Our Stash Certificate rewards kids for incremental savings by issuing Doggie Dollars that may be redeemed for prizes
has weekly articles and geared toward different age groups about money management
For parents, we have:
- And more
Plus, our Member Service Consultants will:
- Provide instruction about how kids can take advantage of savings programs
- Teach children how to avoid fees by planning
- Educate children about checking management
- Assist with electronic and other access channels
NRL Federal Credit Union is your Trusted Partner for Life. We offer more than just savings accounts and loans. We will work with you to come up with solutions to your financial questions throughout your life. Contact us today.